Wake Up Call

Ted Dekker wrote a book titled 'Green'; it is Christian Fantasy/Sci-Fi and in the book he describes a demonic breed called the Shataiki; flesh-eating winged monsters who roam in the air.

I had a dream last night and I saw Shataiki (they were brown in colour as opposed to the red-eyed, black monsters Dekker describes in his book). Shataiki were roaming in the air, hovering above as though they were ready to attack. Suddenly a lady came and reached out to touch them and as soon as she touched them, they started pouring down, attacking earth. In the dream, I felt as though there was a 'Good Army' the Shataiki were attempting to fight, but I don't recall seeing the 'Good Army'. I felt as though the 'Good Army' were probably preparing for the battle but the woman who touched the Shataiki caught them off guard.

Then I saw a very vast army; thousands if not millions of people coming towards this supposed 'Good Army'; and it felt as though they just kept coming and coming, heading to battle.

In January, I dreamt that the world ended. Me and a few family members and friends were roaming about in the ruins; buildings were dilapidated, people were eating strange animals and we were told not to go to certain areas of town for fear of being attacked or raped.

Dreams like these are scary. Dreams like these make me realize that - beyond getting a good job, getting married, having kids, living in a good house and having a nice car, buying nice things, and living comfortably - there is something bigger than me happening behind the scenes. While living a good life is great, the pursuit of this 'good life' can pose as a distraction to what really matters.

So, what really matters? This:
"And we have seen and testify that the Father sent His Son to be the Saviour of the world"
- 1 John 4:14

Jesus is what really matters. And everything else should spring from Him and from the life He gave us through His sacrifice on the cross. We will never be able to fully grasp the importance and essence of what Jesus did on Calvary; He replaced our deserved death with His eternal life.

When I have dreams like these, I am reminded to wake up; to stop being apathetic and complacent and tired and lazy. Wake up, sit up, take your faith by its horns, spend time with God in prayer, be reminded that this world is passing away and only those who do the will of God will live forever.

"The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever"
1 John 2:17

Comments

  1. So I'm reading this and the one thing that stays in my head is the Apocalypse...

    Life if deep, crazy, weird and deep again. Reminds me of a famous line from a book I read 'Life never dies, yet death leaves'...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts