RANT: Social Media Pictures

When people post pictures of their faces on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter and then add a Good morning, people! caption; or they quote scripture: This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it; or motivational stuff like: I'm not where I want to be but I am not where I used to be...

It is so obvious that at that moment that post is not about the morning or about God or about how far you have come in life; that picture or pictures (for those people who take several pictures of themselves striking the same pose and make a whole collage out of it) is evidently about your "on fleek"  face or your freshly done nails that you just so happen to be curling at your neck as you take that selfie. What, really, are you nails doing at your neck?

My question is: Why do we do this?

And then there are my brothers who take gym mirror pictures/selfies, all muscle and abs, all tights and triceps, with the caption: #FitFam

And don't set me loose on the plethora of near-meaningless hashtags floating about these days: #lovemylife #lovemyjob #makeupbyme #boredatwork #asoebibella #hawtlikemymama #fridayyayday

And then the ones that get married and post a steady flow of 139.5 and a half wedding pictures over the course of two days...




...honestly, we get it. You got married. Are you trying to drawn us?

Why are we so vain?

Comments

Popular Posts