To the lady in the tax office

To the lady at the tax office (in Aguda):
You give me hope for Nigeria

Thank you for being
kind
helpful
attentive
polite
patient
friendly
(and pretty too)

I have never seen your kind before
Not in civil service
Where dusty, clustered offices become
rowdy market places

You're a breath of fresh air
You are lovely to behold
You symbolise hope
and a future 
for this terrifying country

You almost make it up to me
For all the half-baked
rude
uncouth 
down-right illiterate 
workers
I have come across
at CAC offices
in courts
during my service year

What a blessing you are
What a beauty you are to behold

Comments

  1. Hello Ibiene,

    Hmmm, I enjoyed reading this well written post, it was bursting at the seams with graceful appreciation.

    Now I'd like to meet this lady at the tax office. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Nedoux
      Thank you for stopping by! Indeed, I was so grateful she was the one who attended to me that day. A breath of fresh air! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts