Things I wish someone had told me

Source: Pinterest
You walk through life pretty confident you know what you’re doing and where you’re headed, and then suddenly – sometimes it’s when you’re with company, and sometimes it’s when you’re alone – you realise that you have no idea what you’re doing or where you’re headed. You only think you do.

I write this for my 19-year-old self who got to university and realised one evening that she actually didn’t know this God she was supposedly serving, even though she knew the ten commandments and a whole load of scripture.

I wish somebody had told me:

1. That my prayers do not have to sound fanciful and beautiful for God to hear them. That I can ramble on and on and he will hear every word that I say
2. That I don’t have to read long chapters of the bible every day, in a bid to feel loved and accepted by God
3. That his love is new every morning and is enough, enough for me
4. That I am enough for him too – imperfect and sometimes filthy, but enough
5. That it’s okay to feel lost
6. And it’s okay not to have every detail of my life figured out
7. And it’s okay to be sad and angry
8. And I can bring all these emotions and lay them at his feet
9. And he meets me right where I am
10. Because he chooses me over and over again.

Comments

Popular Posts