My mother wants me to get married



My mother has reached that stage where she’s beginning to panic – in all honesty, though, she’s been panicking for a while now because she and my father were expecting me to have been married by the age of 23/24. I am 26; I am late. All is not well.

So, it’s been interesting with my mother because she now takes an interest in every guy I mention to her. It’s amusing to watch. So long as he’s Christian and I don’t think he’s a jerk, her ears are tuned in. I mention one guy to her and she will ask about him each time we speak; “So, how is John?” “Are you hearing from John?” “Where did John go to school?” “Where does John work?”

My dear mother.

I will get married though. I mean, eventually. When the time is right and I find someone I think I can spend the rest of my life with, whose tiny little habits of snoring and forgetting to close the toilet door will not drive me entirely crazy, who I wouldn’t mind being the father of my kids, whose family doesn’t think I am a rude witch who is unfit to be a mother, who my family doesn’t think is shallow and uncultured. 

I mean. Eventually. I will get married.

So, does your mother want you to get married too?

Comments

  1. Mothers will be mothers, I figure they are made of the same material...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts