Home //draft

Remember that time
   you told me
   "You have a home with me"?
And it felt perfect
   and I thought
      Finally, he has seen me
But it was untrue
   I know now
   That you threw
   words around
      as though they were
      nothing
"People always say things they don't mean,"
   Elizabeth told me
   on that pseudo-retreat
   we took
   when we relaized
That the men in our lives
   were actors
      posing as truth
Everyone always tries to make you feel better
   He'll live to regret it
   You're so pretty, he's such a fool
   Maybe it wasn't meant to be
   What is yours will come
But the hole in my heart
   is still gaping
      It's supposed to get easier
   with each passing day
      but I'm still wandering
And I'll wander
   till I find
      home

Comments

Popular Posts