Poems in December 7.

I found this poem a few years ago and fell in love with it!

This is I Wrote A Good Omelet by Nikki Giovanni.

7.
I wrote a good omelet...and ate
a hot poem... after loving you


Buttoned my car...and drove my
coat home...in the rain...
after loving you 

I goed on red...and stopped on
green...floating somewhere in between...
being here and being there...
after loving you 

I rolled my bed...turned down
my hair...slightly
confused but...I don't care... 
Laid out my teeth...and gargled my
gown...then I stood
...and laid me down...

To sleep...
after loving you


---
NB: I'm still trying to figure out if Giovanni here speaks of a kind of love that makes heart flutter, knees wobble and puts you in a good place... or the kind of 'love' that wrecks you.

Comments

Popular Posts