Melancholic Poetry #1 - Resumé by Dorothy Parker

I just realized two things about poetry and I:
1. Poetry makes me feel good; I feel a world better whenever I am down after reading or writing a poem
2. I mainly enjoy depressing, sad, melancholic poems
I pretty much adore poetry!

So I thought I would share/talk about some of my favourite poems, in no particular order, in the coming days/weeks (I should blog more often. But I feel noone reads these things anyway. But I digress). 
So this poem is by Dorothy Parker. It is titled Resumé. Parker suffered from depression for a portion of her life. It was written in 1956.

Resumé - Dorothy Parker
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

Comments

  1. I discovered the blog a few days ago and I am stuck. I started reading from the beginning today, and won't stop until I have read all. Please don't stop writing, "we" are reading. ooo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts