The Book of Psalms #1 - Psalm 16: 5 & 6

My favourite book in the Bible is the Book of Psalms. There are some verses in that book that are so life-giving, they can't be ordinary words, they can't be just ink on paper.

The scripture I am sharing today is from Psalm 16: 5 & 6. I first came across it in 2010. I was on my gap year and was planning on going back to university. I wasn't sure where to go and what to study. I was also having a some personal/relationship problems at the time, and the load was feeling too heavy to bear. Then I came across this scripture and, to say the least, it saved me.

Psalm 16: 5 & 6

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
 
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

Comments

Popular Posts