Inspiration

I am a writer.

Let me unashamedly promote myself real quick. I wrote a book last year titled Yardsale. You can buy it here.

Okay. Cool.

So I was saying, I am a writer, and up until recently, I wrote my most poignant prose/poems based on 'negative' emotions like sadness, anger and rejection. I would say I still write angry poems but these pieces are, these days, geared mainly towards Nigeria and the crippling problems we face in this nation (you can read one here and another here), as opposed to being geared towards feeling jilted by a lover or sick on unrequited love.

And that's because I have found someone (or someone found me - for those aggressive Christians who just screamed at their computer screens, "It's HE who finds a WIFE, sister!!"), and my brain doesn't know how to pretend like I have been dumped or trampled on or left or misunderstood by a lover anymore. My lover understands me and makes me rather happy. That's all I am going to say about that.

Now, to be frank, I am in the middle of writing a sporadic series titled Poems by a maniac (you can read them here) and those poems sound rather sad and erratic for someone who is indirectly saying that she might be in love...

What's the point of this post? Not to brag that I have an awesome boyfriend (although I do...). It simply occurred to me that I don't write sad love poems anymore. And it is both freeing and revealing. And that's all I am going to say about that.

PS: Please buy my book. Okay. Cool. Bye.

Comments

Popular Posts