"Somebody touched me"

There's a part of the gospel where a woman with a bleeding issue (probably what we would call hemophilia today) was healed when she reached out and touched the hem of Jesus' garment.

You can read the story here.

Jesus was walking along in a crowd, who were all very excited to see him, when a woman who had suffered for 12 years from the same condition touched his clothes. He immediately stopped walking and said, "Somebody touched me." In the midst of the crowd, he knew that somebody touched him; in the midst of a crowd that was pushing up against him.

I feel as though it was beyond a physical thing - not even so much the spiritual aspect where Jesus said, "I know that power has left me." I feel as though that woman touched his heart. She moved him and he had to stop and say, "Somebody touched me."

We all want to be touched by Jesus, absolutely. But have you touched Jesus recently? Have you moved his heart?

Comments

Popular Posts