Ode to Boomsha

DaboomshaSo, I'm not a huge rap/hip-hop fan  (and I know that classification alone, putting a slash between both genres of music as though they are the same thing, will annoy some rap or hip-hop enthusiasts).

But, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that music but I will say that my favourite rapper (ever, ever) is Boomsha.

Why do I love this guy? Many reasons and I hope that after you've listened to his above linked mix-tape you might agree:

1) The dude raps in four different languages: Hausa, Yoruba, English and Pidgin. Fluently. Effortless flow, smooth transitions in and out of each language.

2) He's raw, with which I mean he's street, which is to mean he's real. There are no boundaries to Boomsha's music. From Oshodi to Isale Eko to Aja. He's just a Lagos boy giving glory to his Father, saying it as it is.

3) He's Christian. He is theologically sound and you hear that in his music.

So, yeah, an Ode to Boomsha.

Comments

Popular Posts