18 - Abuja

Evening drives and suya with Amana and Kay
Walks under the sun from the gate to the house (because the security guards were allergic to taxis)
Abuja Literary Society
Pops Yom's morning greetings
Fura with Bomdigidy
Wednesday CDS
Rice and goat meat with Bode and Rhoda
The dim living room at midday because PHCN hates progression
My 25th
Seun's cold shoulder
Shola's yam and plantain pottage
Hiding Bunmi in my room
Mr Mike and Mr Matthias
Government Secondary School, Garki
Countless amount of dates that led nowhere
That Tiwa Savage concert we went to on time and met them mic-testing
When my boss asked me if I could use Excel at all and I wanted to hang up
Mama Oyo with Bukky, Nkiru and Shola (amala of life)
Millennium Park with Anny and Ike
Wine, cheese and emotionally unavailable boys
Saturday morning chores
Saturday morning bread and eggs
Sunday morning debates about whether or not to go to church and what I would tell mummy when she called to ask what church I went to
DMVs I heard about and always wanted to go to but never went to
Whole days spent at salons
Area 8
Wuse 2
Maithama
Jabi
Beauty
Growth
Process

Abuja, no matter how often I write about you
I cannot do you justice
You have left me
With memories
And the taste of nostalgia on my tongue

Comments

Popular Posts